Painter, draughtsman, printmaker, writer and maker of inscriptions. He studied under Bernard Meninsky and Walter Bayes at Westminster School of Art, then joined Eric Gill’s Guild of St. Joseph and St. Dominic in Sussex. He was a member of SWE and the 7 & 5 Society and was exhibited widely abroad. He became an accomplished engraver, working for the Golden Cockerel Press and illustrated Douglas Cleverdon’s 1929 edition of ‘The Rime of the Ancient Mariner’ with ten superb copper engravings. He won many prizes and awards and was made a Companion of Honour in 1974.